Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

soul rest {day 9}

Do you know when your children just really need some extra rest?
The fussiness, crankiness, general irritability--that just screams at you, “Please put me in my bed and let my body rest!”
yep, that's a pouty face...
Some days, my spirit is like that. The children’s fussiness grates on my nerves; the mess that accompanies 6 people in a small space... clothing, toys, school papers, mis-matched socks,  lost cups [found days later], remnants of “teachable moments” {let’s see how well you can put your own clothing away. hehe}, etc.; and then they all want to eat-3 times a day... all work together to make my soul weary. And yet, I am not to be weary in well-doing.
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  
Galatians 6:7-9.

And I realize that...

I am trying to do good... in my own strength {again}.
 
{I am reaping weakness... because I am sowing in my own strength}

And I must lay down my burdens with the Lord and let Him take over!

Come unto me...and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me... ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
Matthew 11:28,29

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.