Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

a price above rubies .9


She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
Proverbs 31: 18

perceive. to realize or know something. to become aware of a fact.

merchandise. gain or profit. trading goods and/or services. 

candle. light. illumination that is required for her to complete the task.

night. the time of darkness at the end of the day. 
But also a season. 
Have you ever thought of night as being a season? 

Do I know or realize that the gain or profit acquired by my hand for my family is good. and necessary. and I must do my best? Sometimes doing what is best for my family does mean that I must stay up past the setting of the sun. and not just stay up but  accomplish my task before I lay down to rest. 

But beyond my daily tasks [that sometimes seem mundane but are really what my children will look back on and remember as their childhood {just think about what you remember the most from your childhood}], does my candle continue to shine during seasons of darkness?
Does the light of Mommy grow dim when I am stressed? Does the candle of Wife flicker went we meet an obstacle in our path. or is that when I cling to God more so that His light can make my life shine even brighter?

[sadly, I know that all too often my candle has gone out by night.] And this is the heart issue.

Am I willing to see that the work of a wife & mother is my treasure? here on earth but more importantly in heaven. It is good. God gave it to me! 

And when the shadows come and even in the midst of a season of darkness, does my candle go out?
her candle goeth not out by night.


~ ~ ~
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 
Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.