Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

not of the world {day 3}

Last night in my church's special Revival Services, the Lord touched my heart. He convicted me about my witness... out in public, not an online public, but where people see the actual flesh and blood of my body and who I am.

Though He has many times spoken to my heart about its conduct. And He has changed many things in my life in the area of speech and dress and attitude. This is not how He spoke to me this time {that is not to say I think I have arrived! but it is something I consciously work on frequently.}

During our 9 years of living in this home, we have canvassed [invited neighbors to visit our church as well as ask about their salvation] our street and a few surrounding streets several times, though rarely is anyone home. And while I think we as a family could do this more frequently, that is not what He spoke to me about either.

Being a stay-at-home-wife-and-mother with 4 children [ages 1-8 yo], and many years off/on only having the one vehicle [and now fuel is so high, it’s almost like having one vehicle as we use them both at the same time so rarely], I did/do not leave the house often outside of attending church. But when I do, I am not normally thinking about speaking to anyone. I have a grocery list and a time-frame, and often 2 or more children with me.

What the Lord so graciously and lovingly knocked me up-side the head with is that even then, even when rushed to make sure I do not forget the bread or that I don’t forget to look at the sales racks for that bargain.... I must not block out the world around me. The world that is literally rushing to spend an eternity in hell.

How long would it take me to grab a tract out of my purse and hand it to the lady perusing the canned goods with me? How much brain power does it really take so ask “Do you know Jesus?” to the family also looking for a deal in the toothpaste? How can I be so focused on the toothpaste that it takes precedence over a human soul? I am positive that if I came home and told my husband that someone promised to come to a service or even let me talk further about salvation right there in the grocery store, he would not be in the least upset that I told him I forgot the toothpaste... or even the milk and eggs and bread! 

So, this soul-beating that I took last night has softened my heart to SEE the world around me. Just because I am not OF the world does not mean I am not IN it, and I have a grave responsibility of sharing Jesus with someone!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how we all get just a little bit different stuff out of the same message? My brain would overload if I tried to get EVERYthing out of one service, so thanks for writing more about it here, after I've had time to digest what I got last night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it IS wonderful that God speaks to us so individually! thank you for stopping by and taking time to comment :) see you tonight.

      Delete
  2. I find that I don't feel called to actively be evangelizing every person I run into in the grocery store, but God has been convicting me of ignoring building friendships with my neighbors. I just met a woman who has lived literally 8 doors down for the whole 6 years I've lived here. I may know all my immediate neighbors... but there are so many I can impact by being their friend... thanks for this beautiful thought today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's wonderful how God has convicted you. we each have different people God lays on our heart to show His love to. thank you for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.