Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

deliver me {day 2}

...to deliver thee from the way of the evil man, 
from the man that speaketh froward things;

Proverbs 2:1-12


We must seek after God's Words and hide them in our heart in order to acquire knowledge and wisdom

But just having God's Words in our head {memorized}  does not automatically make us wise. I am sure most of us know examples of that. 

We must incline our ear and apply our hearts... which indicates a heart issue of even wanting to have God's wisdom.

Only when my heart is right in applying God's Words will discretion preserve me from the evil man and from the man who speaks frowardly [to lead astray, be stubborn or disobedient]. 


My desire for today is to allow God to work on my heart so that His Word can be applied... and my ear will be inclined to hear His leading so that I may teach my children also to hear God's voice for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. :) In Bible Study today we were talking about our children being aware that God created them unique... and how we need to be aware of that as well. God has been working in my life to be a consumer of the Word... so I can live it out daily. Thanks for your visit (and comment!) Lovely thought today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again! So true. we are each a unique handi-work of the Almighty.... and should live as such :)

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.