Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Saturday, October 27, 2012

just passing by {day 27}

so, yesterday I read the wrong chapter in Proverbs! Actually, somehow, I read both the correct and the next chapter... at two separate times-{I will often read the chapter several times thorought the day}. I'm still not sure how I did that. [oh well, {smiles}] But today, I am going to share from yesterday's chapter.

He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belonging not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by the ears. -Proverbs 26:17

When I read this verse, I was reminded of another post I wrote earlier in this 31 days, when I spoke of teaching my children to look to their own paths... and worry about their own actions and not what everyone else is doing.

While we must be aware of those around us, and the Lord Jesus teaches that if we see a person in need, then we are to help as much as in our power to do so [Luke 10; Galatians 6:10; Proverbs 3:27], our focus of each day is to be on living our own life... looking to Jesus through our own "strife." 

An example is this: I have a friend who recently had surgery. I prayed for her in the days leading up to it as well as the day of. I plan to do all I can to be available should she need help during her recovery.... but I cannot live her life for her just because I see suffering. 

She has to recover in her own time. I could meddle and cause stress on our friendship {take a dog by the ears}. 

I could make a nuisance of myself {meddle in strife belonging not to me}, but I will endeavor not to!

As well, there are often situations around us that we do not get involved with in any way... though we may be able to help, simply because it truly is not our business. 

Sometimes I will see what my husband's thoughts are about offering help; and occasionally we will try to offer aid. Most times we simply pray for whatever is going on, and wait for the Lord to take care of it. 

He always does.

Today, we enjoyed a day as a family. We had very little strife... even among the children... maybe because we all had a nap today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.