Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

the best way to love our children

I missed my scheduled posting time last week. But the children and I had great fun visiting my grandparents, whom I have not seen since my oldest child was a few months old! It was so wonderful for them to meet the other 3! It was a rather spur-of-the-moment trip, so I had time to schedule any posts.
my grandparents, my children & myself
I have long heard it proclaimed to men: "The best way to love your children is to love their mommy. and let them KNOW you love their mommy!" This obvious affection creates stability that children so desperately need. 

This idea is rooted in Biblical truths, but for today I am simply relating personal experience.

And I am going to tip the tables and say it backwards: "The best way for ME [mommy] to love my children is to love their daddy. and let them KNOW it!" 

I must be INTENTIONAL about my love for him. 

I have come to notice that the more I devote my time, attention and even Bible study & prayer to simply loving my husband in the way he feels love [his love language], the nicer I am to my children when they are whiny and the more joy comes to me when doing the mundane--laundry, dishes, etc. 
Happy Mommy = Happy home. 

So, my goal is to commit my mind to pleasing my children's father; and whether or not the clothing actually gets put away, our home will be a happier place! [but I'm working on getting the laundry put away!!]

I pray these thoughts are encouraging to someone today! 

being part of:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.