Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

{7 keys} being emotionally whole .5


KEY 5:
Give Yourself to Others

Too much introspection into your problems and weaknesses can cause you to become ingrown. Have you ever had an ingrown toenail? Then you know how just  a small ingrown element of your physical body can cause pain. This same principle applies to your spiritual and emotional lives. you can turn inward and over time cause great damage to yourself, all in the name of trying to know yourself or fix your problems.

The best cure for many emotional difficulties is to turn outward to others and start giving of yourself to others. you may say, "But I don't have anything to give." Every person has something to give, even it it's only a smile, a kinds word, or a pat on the shoulder in a time of need. Sometimes just your presence can be a gift to someone, especially to someone who is lonely, grieving, or suffering with a long-standing illness.

The happiest people I know are those who have wide-open hearts and who give generously to others. Such individuals are totally secure in God's love.

Give without any expectation of receiving from the person to whom you give. God will see your heart and what you do and reward you accordingly. Trust Him to take care of you. 

By giving freely and generously, you open up yourself. This open stance before God and other people is important to emotional heath. It is only as you open yourself that you learn to trust. and being able to trust is viral to you ability to received Gods' forgiveness and healing, and to believe that God will supply your needs. 

Others, Lord; yes, other: let this my motto be. Help me to live for others that I may live like Thee.

Helpful Scripture: Psalm 77 & Acts 3:6-10

written by Dr. Mike Rouse
used by permission

My Pastor writes a short article for our Sunday bulletin every week [and has for many years]. Currently, he is writing a series on Being Emotionally Whole, and I wanted to share it with you during the next few weeks. My posting these articles is not my Pastor's endorsement of my blog. All  opinions and thoughts expressed [unless otherwise noted, as here] are purely my own [and my family's] and not specifically affiliated with my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.