Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Monday, September 26, 2011

what am I leaving behind?


This is a poem my Granny sent my mother long ago... and in turn, my mother gave it to me-written in my granny's beautiful hand... though the ink has faded to nearly unreadable. 
The gift is not in the paper but in the thought behind it. and the time taken to pen it. and the time taken to teach and pray. Thank you, Mom. Thank you, Granny. 
A gentle reminder to each of us that the most important parts of our children's lives are not gained by being able to buy everything we see but in taking the time to be a part of their childhood and SHOWING [not just verbally teaching] them about God and His love for them and their whole family.
Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. Foun dyour blog via Raising Homemakers - and I really like that poem!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.