Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

a price above rubies .1




The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her...  Proverbs 31:11a. 

Safely trust means to be secure or have confidence in.


While I have heard and read and agree that this entire passage [verses 10-31] is a collection of the Virtuous Woman's entire life's work, this one thought is the crux of her virtue and can only be achieved through daily dilegence

All the days of her married life, 
her husband's heart is safe in her hands. 
~~
There is so much that could be said here. Indeed, I have read several books on this subject. 
But I will suffice it to say that if I, as a wife, 

am sober [in control of my senses]
love my husband [be his friend, lover, confidant]
love our children [be affectionate and nurturing]
am discreet [in control of my desires]
am chaste [modest in all things: mind and body. other descriptive words: demure, undefiled, ladylike]
am a keeper at  home [having a guarding spirit: guarding your home from worldliness- both for the sake of your children's minds and for your husband's reputation. also, the physical well being of those in your home: cooking, cleaning, creating a place of warmth]
am good [useful and pleasant to be around]
am obedient to my husband [this is my God-given RIGHT to be UNDER my husband's authority] 

that the word of God be not blasphemed [I would be terrified to know that the way I lived my role as a wife/mother caused someone to speak reproach on Christ]. 
[Titus 2:4,5]
then my husband's heart can be safe in my care.
~~
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 
Proverbs 31:10
the series

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful reminders. I love your blog! :) I'm stopping by from the Homemaker by Choice blog hop and I'm your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by and visit me at

    http://oliveplantsallaroundmytable.blogspot.com

    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.