Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Monday, October 22, 2012

did you ever talk to God? {day 21}

The Lord has been dealing with my heart about my not praying as I CAN, not being bold in coming before His throne... because only He can help in my time of need!

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16



A few thoughts on prayer from my Pastor’s message yesterday {he has been doing a series on Prayer the last month}:

In Isaiah 1 the Lord is telling Israel that their sacrifices and prayers are an abomination because of the motives in their hearts. We must make our prayers for God’s glory, not our selfish desires.


Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31

This passage in I Corinthians in context is in reference to being a stumbling block to any man by way of our manner of life, our conversation. But the principle remains true in our prayers.

If our prayers are hindered by selfishness, our life can bring occasion to falter to another, intentionally or not.

In keeping with that thought, Psalm 68:18-20 says: If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: But verily God hath heard me... hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

The word iniquity carries the idea of “a moral injustice”... my offending another, bringing offense to the name of Christ, treating another poorly... through word or deed, action or motive. 


I must cling to a right relationship with my Lord above all others to allow His Love to shine through me... to keep my life from bringing offense to His name. 

The Psalmist [David] had an amazing relationship with his God, my God! Even though he struggled with many “obvious” sins. And  I think the answer to how is found throughout the different Psalms he wrote, but specifically chapter 119... that long one, and verse 2 says: Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

We are no longer “under the Law” [as testimonies makes reference to] as Christ came to fulfill all the law... but as Christians, our greatest commandment [law] is to love our God and to love our neighbor [Matthew 22:36-30], which encompasses the motive behind the points of the law.

There were a few other points made which follow in line with having proper motives and not living in offense to others; but for today, I have a few requests to bring boldly before His throne... and a heart to search and ask the Lord to cleanse of wrong motives and show offense! [not to mention laundry and dishes and vacuuming {smiles}]


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.