Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

a price above rubies .11

She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
Proverbs 31:20


During this time of year [near Christmas and the Thanksgiving holiday in America], people are often more thoughtful of giving to charity and helping those in need. But as Christians, especially ladies striving to BE the woman God created us to be, we need to be mindful of those in need more regularly. {BUT, in this day of deceit and danger, we must also beg God for discretion in this.}

As usual, we must address the heart issue. Just giving some money to a charity or groceries to a food bank is not what this verse is talking about. though it could be included. Our hearts must be turned and softened by His hand in our lives for us to have a SPIRIT of GIVING in our daily LIFE. Not just during a season of the year when 'everyone' is doing it. And the poor and needy does not only mean those without material possessions or food & shelter.

Do I have a SPIRIT of GIVING when I am at home with my children? towards my husband? Just this past Saturday my husband and I were computer chatting with each other [I know that sounds odd when we are in the same house, but occasionally it is easier to communicate that way with 3 talking little-people and a baby to keep OUT of the conversation]. so, back to the story. While we were chatting, my husband asked me to get him some more coffee. I am at the back of the house and he is in the room right next to the kitchen. But I was WILLING to get up and do it for him. [that is not always the case, but it should be]. But. to be fair, my husband quickly wrote that he was joking and was perfectly capable of getting his own coffee. though he was appreciative of my spirit. 

Do I have a SPIRIT of GIVING when I am out driving. shopping. LIVING? Am I in such a rush to do MY thing that I get frustrated with others on the road. Or am I able to see that others out there are in need of kindness-such as letting someone cross traffic in front of you because you notice there is no one coming the other direction and yet there is  along line of traffic behind you [obviously not in some situations]. When I'm shopping, do I let it bother me when in a crowd with others shoving and being rude? Or do I ask God to help me be sweet and smiling and GIVING?

These are just a few examples of reaching our hand to the needy and stretching our hands to the poor. beyond giving money to charity and groceries to a food bank. 

Let us allow a SPIRIT of GIVING to permeate our lives from the One Who Gave All.

~ ~ ~
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 
Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.