Pages

THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!!

formerly:

formerly: becoming God's gift.... all content has been moved to the new address! come join us over there.

Monday, October 24, 2011

a price above rubies .10

She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
Proverbs 31:19

I suppose we all know that spindles and distaffs have to do with the spinning of wool or cotton into string and then the weaving of fabric from that string; and quite frankly, I am so very glad that [in general] this is not a chore modern women have. though I have learned how it works and once even saw an old fashioned spindle  and loom in action-very cool. But I am still glad that factories can do that for me now.

Of course, you could get into clothing-laundry-issue---{{ouch}}. I'm not sure I'm ready for that one. Do I clean my family's clothing? [of course]. Does it get folded? [um. most of the time]. Does it get put away? [stumble. but it's clean!]. Are my husband's dress shirts ironed and hung? [I'll get up and iron one in the morning. after I strangle my alarm clock.]
{but that is just one thought... you could go other places, too:
such as clothing preparedness, wardrobe appropriateness, etc.}

And then we get down to what this implies about the heart of a virtuous woman. what I desire my own heart to be.  The fabric [so to speak] of their lives is my responsibility. With God as guide, following my husband's lead as head of our home, this wife and mommy has such a solemn responsibility. to train & care for my children. to obey my husband. with a Godly attitude [my feet are stumbling . again. as I speak]. 

{I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on this verse}. 
But my prayer for us is that these truths would more than click in our head [the easy part] but that they would click and TAKE ROOT in our hearts [the hard part]. 
...and that my laundry would learn to take itself to the proper drawers.

~ ~ ~
Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. 
Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by!
Thank you for taking time to say HI or share a thought. It's nice to know someone is out there {smiles}, and comments are always appreciated.